Emerging Entrepreneurs Scholarship
The Willes Center for Intercultural Entrepreneurship is pleased to announce the Emerging Entrepreneurs Scholarship, a two-tiered scholarship program for all students on campus.
This program is designed to prepare students to create economic opportunities in Oceania and the Asian Rim in their chosen fields and interests through entrepreneurship.
Regardless of major, this scholarship provides a unique opportunity for students to learn and develop entrepreneurial skills that they can take home. During the scholarship process, students will gain the following skills:
- Identify a problem and need in Oceania or Asia Rim.
- Develop a business plan.
- Test business model.
- Be prepared to implement business ideas upon graduation.
The experience students will gain through this scholarship will prepare them for creating the business that they are passionate about and want to do in their home country.
Tier 1 scholarship is for one semester only. Tier 2 scholarships are for one semester only. Tier 1 scholarship recipients and applicants who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply for the tier 2 scholarship. A recipient may receive up to two semesters of scholarship money.
The application deadline is May 10, 2023.
Recipients will be notified on May 26, 2023.
- Access to T.A. mentor: Scholarship recipients will receive seven sessions of private tutoring during the semester. Every week, a T.A. mentor will help scholarship recipients with implementing ENTR 180 class lessons into their business ideas and making their high-level ideas complete and realistic.
Who is eligible to be considered for the scholarship?
All applicants who have been admitted to BYU–Hawaii may apply. Students are expected to meet the following selection requirements.
- At least 2.5 GPA.
- Enrolled 9 credit hours for spring recipients and 14 credit hours for fall and winter recipients.
- Applicants will complete the application below with an essay outlining a high-level business idea that the student is personally interested in and would start in Oceania and the Asian Rim.
- Applicants will register for and complete the ENTR 180 New Venture Finance course in the same semester they receive the scholarship funds.
We want to award as many scholarships to as many students as possible, but due to limited funds, not all applicants will be awarded a scholarship. The applicants will be judged and selected according to the judging rubric. See the judging rubric below.